Creating a Contact - Lightning
You can create a new contact through several methods in Work Studyforce. But first, make sure to prevent duplicates! Before creating a new contact, check that the contact does not already have an existing record in Work Studyforce by searching for it in the Global Search box. You can narrow your search to Contacts by using the drop-down arrow next to the search box.
From an Account Page
- Navigate to the desired account. On the account page, find the Contacts related list. You may have to scroll down the page. Then click on the New button.
- Fill in as much information about the contact as possible. Click the Save button when you're done entering your new contact's information.
- Your contact should now appear in the "Contacts" section of the account page.
From the Contacts Tab
- Click on the Contacts tab at the top of the page. Click on the drop-down arrow next to the Contacts tab on the navigation bar. Select New Contact.
- Fill in as much information as possible. As mentioned above, although the Email field is not required, you will need to enter an e-mail address if the contact will be listed as a supervisor on a student's employment.Be sure to associate the contact with an existing account! If you haven't created the contact's account yet, you can select the option "+ New Account". Be sure to verify before creation that the desired account record does not already exist to avoid creating duplicates.
- Don't forget to click the Save button when you are done.
- Just like when you create a contact on an account, your newly created contact should appear on the page of its associated account.